SCHEDULE CHANGE REQUEST CRITERIA
Schedule changes are made for the following three reasons only:
1. Incomplete schedule and/or assigned to Study Hall/Pereyra
2. Incorrect Placement
3. Missing Required Course needed for Graduation or A-G Requirement
SCHEDULE CHANGE PROCEDURE
1. LOCATE YOUR COUNSELOR SCHEDULE CHANGE FORM ABOVE AND CLICK ON LINK.
**Schedule Change Forms are counselor specific so it is important that you select the correct counselor or your counselor will not receive the request.
2. COMPLETE ONLINE FORM.
**It is important to include very specific and detailed information/answers so request can be addressed quickly and prioritized accordingly.
**Be sure to include your CORRECT email address as this is the primary method of communication used by counselors regarding schedule change clarification/notification.
3. SUBMIT ONLINE FORM.
4. WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOUR COUNSELOR.
**You must continue to follow YOUR CURRENT SCHEDULE until you have been notified by your counselor that a schedule change has been made!
***Please review the Schedule Change Criteria below before submitting form.***
SCHEDULE CHANGE CRITERIA
SCHEDULE CHANGES ARE MADE FOR THE FOLLOWING THREE REASONS ONLY:
1. INCOMPLETE SCHEDULE AND/OR ASSIGNED TO STUDY HALL/PEREYRA
**Example: missing 2nd period, assigned two 3rd periods, missing English class, assigned two math classes
2. INCORRECT PLACEMENT
**Example: placed in wrong class level (Spanish 2 without taking Spanish 1), already completed/passed
Health class, etc.
3. MISSING REQUIRED COURSE NEEDED FOR GRADUATION/A-G REQUIREMENT
**Example: missing Gov/Econ class, need to take Health, etc.
SCHEDULE CHANGES ARE NOT MADE BASED ON PERSONAL PREFERENCE.
**ALL OTHER SCHEDULE CHANGE REQUESTS: If you have special circumstances and would like to request a schedule change that does not meet the Schedule Change Criteria above, you may appeal by completing the online Schedule Change Form.
* TA/PEREYRA: Complete the Student Service Contract available in the Counseling & Guidance Office. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO FIND A TEACHER TO TA FOR AND HAVE THEM COMPLETE/SIGN THE FORM. If form is not received within two school days, you will be placed into an available elective by your counselor.
*DROP AP/HONORS CLASS: If you would like to DROP AN AP/HONORS CLASS, please complete the yellow AP/HONORS CLASS DROP FORM available in the Counseling & Guidance Office AFTER THE SECOND WEEK OF SCHOOL.
SCHEDULE CHANGE TIMELINE
Submit online Schedule Change Form. Please allow up to one week for processing. You will receive an email confirmation that your request was received by your counselor. Counselor will email you with questions, status and/or new schedule. YOU MUST CONTINUE TO ATTEND CURRENT CLASS SCHEDULE UNTIL NOTIFIED BY YOUR COUNSELOR THAT A CHANGE HAS BEEN MADE.